6. WELFARE STATE
For most citizens, welfare programs are the face of the public administration in their day-to-day lives. At the same time, however, welfare systems are under increasing intense sustainability pressures everywhere, and in Spain no less so.
In this reform area we monitor the progress the Spanish economy is making in improving the sustainability of its welfare system by adjusting regulations and key parameters of its functioning.
The timeline below keeps track in chronological order of the policy analysis, recommendations and reforms in Spain in the following four subareas:
- Social Security and pensions
- Health system
- Other welfare state reforms
The filter acts in combination with the timeline and allows selecting and viewing:
- only the reports issued by international organizations, by clicking "Other Institutions"
- only the laws and policy measures adopted by the Spanish Government, by clicking "Spanish Government"
- a combined view of reports and policy events, by clicking "All Authors"