This third post-programme surveillance report provides an assessment of Spain's economic, fiscal and financial situation following its exit from the financial assistance programme in January 2014. The report covers also the specific monitoring of...
The Spanish Economic and Financial Outlook (SEFO) is a bi-monthly journal edited by FUNCAS. It was launched with the objective of becoming a reference point for international key decision makers in topics like the financial sector, fiscal policy and structural reform, among others, in Spain and in Europe.
SEFO Economic Indicators on the Spanish economy
- December 2017
- October 2017
- July 2017
- May 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- November 2016
- July 2016
- May 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
SEFO articles on Spanish economic policy reforms (selected)
- Spain's structural reforms: Remaining challenges for budget stability and the labour market. SEFO Vol. 6, No. 6. November 2017. By Ramon Xifré.
- Wage moderation in Spain's economic recovery. SEFO Vol. 6, No. 4, July 2017. By Daniel Fernández Kranz.
- The Spanish banking system: The process of cleaning up property assets. SEFO Vol. 5, N.º 2, March 2016. By José García Montalvo.
- Challenges ahead for the banking industry. SEFO Vol. 5, N.º 2, March 2016. By Carlos Ocaña and Alice Faibishenko.
- Fiscal consolidation in Spain: State of play and outlook. SEFO, Vol. 5, N.º 1, January 2016. By Santiago Lago-Peñas.
- The impact of ageing on the Spanish economy. SEFO, Vol. 5, N.º 1, January 2016. By José A. Herce.
- Credit, deleveraging, and financial savings: Balancing adjustment and recovery in Spain. SEFO, Vol. 4, N.º 6, November 2015. By Santiago Carbó Valverde and Francisco Rodríguez Fernández.
- Post-restructuring challenges for the Spanish banking sector. SEFO, Vol. 4, N.º 6, November 2015. By Joaquín Maudos.
- Cleaning up the Spanish financial sector´s real estate risk exposure: Situation and outlook. SEFO, Vol. 4, N.º 5, September 2015. By José García Montalvo.
- Key features of the 2016 General State Budget. SEFO, Vol. 4, N.º 5, September 2015. By Desiderio Romero-Jordán and José Félix Sanz-Sanz.
- The redistributive impact of economic policy reforms: The case of Spain in the EU context. SEFO, Vol. 4, N.º 4. July 2015. By Ramon Xifré.
- Assessing the impact of Spain´s latest labour market reform. SEFO Vol. 4, No. 2, May 2015. By José Ignacio García Pérez and Marcel Jansen.
- Spain´s post-reform labour market legal framework. SEFO Vol. 4, No. 2, May 2015. By Federico Durán López.
- Recent reforms in Spain ́s business climate: Assessment and pending issues. SEFO Vol. 4, No. 2, March 2015. By Ramon Xifré.
- Spain ́s renewable energy regime: Challenges and uncertainties. SEFO Vol. 4, No. 2, March 2015. By Arturo Rojas and Belén Tubío.
- An evaluation of the 2014 fiscal reform: Insights from a survey of professional tax advisors. SEFO Vol. 4, No. 2, March 2015. By José Ma Durán-Cabré and Alejandro Esteller-Moré.
- Four years of economic policy reforms in Spain: An analysis of results from an EU perspective. SEFO Vol. 3, No. 5, September 2014. By Ramon Xifré.
- Reform of Spain ́s professional services market: Implementation of the EU Services Directive. SEFO Vol. 3, No. 4, July 2014. By Aitor Ciarreta, María Paz Espinosa and Aitor Zurimendi.
Spanish Reforms Policy Briefs - PPSRC IESE
- Spain's response to EC and OECD economic policy recommendations. Spanish Reforms Policy Brief no. 1. November 2014. By Victor Burguete.
Going for Growth is a form of structural surveillance based on a systematic and in-depth analysis of structural policies and their outcomes across OECD members.
This Country Report assesses Spain's economy against the background of the Commission's Annual Growth Survey which recommends three main pillars for the EU's economic and social policy in 2015: investment, structural reforms, and fiscal...